Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sirens Again

Just as I took my dinner off the stove and was getting ready to put it in a bowl the sirens went off.

I had been waiting for it to rain all day, having done my yard work in the morning in preparation for it. I like when Mother Nature waters my flowers and grass for me.

As a homeowner, the destruction and damage a tornado can cause terrifies me. I imagined my home getting tore up by strong winds and hail! Or a tree branch falling onto my roof. Or Biscuit getting lost in the melee.

Since my phone never went off with a warning, I turned on the news to see what the path of travel for the tornado was. It was southwest of Denton, and they were projecting it to move into Denton around 8. The sirens starting going off around 7:30. I put my bike helmet on contemplated going into my one closet, or outside and to the "basement" (the crawl space under my pier-and-beam home is big enough to stand up in since the backside of my home is on a slope).

I waited it out in my home as I watched the news. A tornado never touched down in Denton and all was fine (for me at least) when the tornado watch expired at 8:00. Biscuit and I were fine, and there was no hail damage or left over hail in my yard.

This is now three times in two years that the sirens have gone off in Denton.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com