Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sugarhouse

When I first moved to Salt Lake City I didn't really know what the cool neighborhoods were. All I knew was the East Side had the rich people and that I was living in West Valley. And I knew of a place called Sugarhouse, which has shopping and the discount theater. Whenever I'd visit Sugarhouse I always knew it was different but couldn't quite figure out why.

Now I know that Sugarhouse is different because it's walkable. The businesses are built up to the street, with parking generally in the back or on the street. I never really noticed this before, but did know that there was something about that area that I liked that I just couldn't put my finger on.

When I moved back to Salt Lake I lived in the Sugarhouse area, and it was awesome for someone who didn't have a car. The bus went right to the commercial area, where I could shop for groceries and books, go the library and the bank and the post office, and eat at a local restaurant. Pretty much everything.

Today I needed to run some errands, and I went to Sugarhouse to do them because I could park my car and walk to the various destinations I needed. I bought some books, had lunch, went to the bank, and just strolled along the streets. And it was perfect.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com