Wednesday, February 27, 2013

On the Road to Oz

Actually, can Kansas be called Oz? Isn't Oz the place Dorothy goes when she leaves Kansas?

The trip was pretty good, as there wasn't any bad weather (even in Wyoming) and we made it to Topeka with all my possessions and my car intact. Since it's been nearly two weeks since the journey began, I will give just the highlights.

--the night before leaving, having pizza with my brother, sister-in-law, mom, sister, Jorge, Josue, Athena and Ivy. It was perfect.
--making my mom drive first because I was scared to drive the truck with my car attached in busy Salt Lake morning traffic
--playing "Name the State from the Nickname" with Ivy officiating (I won)
--braiding Ivy's hair every night
--staying with my cousin Rachel, who is seriously awesome
--playing with Kitt and his parachute men
--convincing Ivy that we would most definitely not experience a tornado in February
--listening to the Les Mis soundtrack and belting out "Do You Hear the People Sing" with Ivy
--eating at Subway (hahaha, inside joke)
--walking into my loft for the first time and being blown away
--eating pizza and watching The Princess  Bride after a long day of unloading
--Ivy very thoughtfully and methodically arranging my shoes
--Ivy, after nearly being brought to tears when left in Primary at church, afterwards saying she had so much fun


It was a pretty fun trip all around and I'm so glad my mom had the idea to bring Ivy along. She brought an aura of fun and excitement to everything.

1 comments:

pambelina said...

I'm glad it went so well. I still really miss you.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com