Monday, January 17, 2011

A Holiday of Productiveness

Martin Luther King, Jr., was a pretty awesome, motivational, inspiring, world-changing person. Today we celebrate his birth and life by getting the day off from work and school. I should've done something that involved service or helping others, but I guess I sorta helped myself by being productive.

Instead of sleeping in, I got up and exercised (because my work is having a Biggest Loser competition). I reviewed some class homework and figured out what I needed to be doing (which is basically a lot of reading). I took the bus downtown and walked to the Broadway Cinema on this unusually warm day to check out Golden Globe winner Colin Firth in The King's Speech (which, while possibly slow at times, had superb cinematography, great acting, and a wonderful ending that made the slow parts all worth it). I walked a few blocks to Salon NV where I got a way overdue haircut (which was pretty nice, especially the head massage). I took the bus home and proceeded to do some aforementioned reading for class on Wednesday (which is sort of shocking considering what a procrastinator I am). I then ate some veggies, hummus and cheese and watched a brand-new episode of Chuck (which was awesome and left me barely able to wait until next week, and made me hate those promos for this week that actually included stuff from next week, not this week).

And now here I am updating my blog and planning on getting to bed early for a full day tomorrow. It feels good spending my day being productive instead of wasting it.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com