Sunday, October 10, 2010

Road Trip to Vegas

My quirky best friend, Pam, her two cousins, Annemarie and Julianna, and I headed down to Las Vegas on Friday for a baby shower. It was nice to get away for a weekend and have a road trip with three awesome girls.
Here are some nuggets from the trip:
--Twizzlers are the snack of choice for a road trip
--when traveling with pregnant people (Pam's cousin Julianna is 11 weeks) there are a lot of bathroom breaks and a little bit of vomit
--the desert, and its accompanying architecture and colors, is ugly
--when out of town, it's completely okay to order all-you-can-eat pancakes at IHOP and pig out
--all grandmas worry
--fathers are teaching their sons how to treat girls: when the other girls and I were entering a gas station at the same time as a father and his son, the son went in before us while the dad waited and held the door; inside I heard him say to his son, "Why didn't you hold the door open for those ladies?"
--at a baby shower, if there's a dog to play with, I choose the dog over any babies in the room
--if I am wearing a white shirt and eating from a chocolate fountain, I will most definitely get chocolate on the shirt
--I am shockingly unaware of many Beatle songs
--cars are good places for good conversation

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com