Sunday, October 17, 2010

Planning Block

In order to have all my application for Grad School complete, I need to write a "Personal Statement" letter about why I want to be in the program and what my future plans/goals are. Even though I've known for over a year that I needed to this, I've put it off until it is the last thing I need to get done. I figured that I would concentrate on the GRE first, and then when that was done I would write the letter.

The GRE was two months ago. The application is due in two weeks.

The thing is, I've never been the best at describing something that I just know to be true. I love my nieces and nephew. I can't tell you how or why, I just do. I know with every part of me that I want to be an urban planner. I don't know how to put that down in words when I just know it in my heart and soul.

And because I want to get into the program so badly, I'm super fretting about the letter. To the point that I think it's causing some sort of block. I know the solution is to stop fretting and just do it, because not doing it at all is worse than writing something mediocre. So basically I just need to buck up.

1 comments:

pambelina said...

So write that, Jules.

"I can't put into words exactly why I want to be an urban planner. I just do. But I'll try my best to explain. When I lived in New York..."

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com