Tuesday, October 26, 2010

From Mountains to Desert

The cold came quickly this year. Maybe it comes quickly every year but my mind just can't remember it. But it was 70 degrees last week and now it's, well, I don't know the exact temp, but there is a soft blanket of snow covering the mountains and a constant drizzle of rain/almost snow. I think it looks breathtakingly beautiful. I work right in the foothill of the mountains, and I love looking out the windows and seeing the marvelous mountains softly dusted in white. When I drive home I look out on the Oquirrh Mountains, bathed in the light of the setting sun and the shadows it creates. It really is amazing, and makes me grateful for this wonderful world I live in.

But I'm also glad that there are places like Las Vegas, where one can go for a few days to get away from the cold and chill in the desert! Viva Las Vegas!!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com