Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's the Playoffs Baby!!

Last night my original plans were to come home from work and start on the remaining assignments I had left for my online class. I of course had procrastinated until the last possible day and foresaw myself working until the midnight deadline. Then my mom texted me and asked if I wanted her ticket to the Jazz game tonight. I debated for about five seconds--homework, Jazz game, homework, Jazz game??

The game was awesome. And we won.

In the words of my cousin Phaedra, when I look back on that night, I will not think about my class and the undone assignments, but the complete awesomeness of the Jazz winning the first round of the playoffs. My sister teased me that I was fine with being a C+ student in the class to go to the Jazz game. And in the morning light, I'm still fine with it.

The game was intense! Playoffs are crazy: fans are out of control, every call is circumspect, every foul questionable, and every basket a reason for cheering. Balloons and firework displays are the norm, the Bear works harder to the get the fans cheering, fans make even more signs (some more clever than others) about the Denver Nuggets. Boozer plays like the all-star he is (19 rebounds!), Deron is even more awesome, Matthews steps it up and proves he's the "pride and joy" of the team and fans.

All I gotta say is, Bring on the Lakers.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com