Sunday, May 16, 2010

If My Life Was A Movie

Friday night I headed downtown to meet my sister at Gateway for a movie (Robin Hood, pretty decent, but go in knowing that it is a huge set-up movie and there are clearly plans for a sequel, so you won't be disappointed). As I exited the train I saw a man standing by the map, holding a smaller, paper map in his hand. He clearly needed help, so I swooshed in and asked if I could help him.

He had just arrived in America the day before from England and was now trying to get to his friend's house where he was staying. I stared at his map and tried to give him the best directions, and felt pretty confident that I was leading him in the right direction. As he said thank you, I told him that when I had been in London and was lost just as he was, a nice gentleman stopped to help me and that I was just paying forward the help. He smiled and thanked me again.

As I walked away, I couldn't help but think that if my life was a movie, I would've turned around and asked for his name. We would've exchanged numbers, and his time here in Salt Lake would've been spent with me. We would miraculously be super into each other, as is only the case in the movies, and we would've been each others "ones". You know that this always happens in the movies, from What A Girl Wants to Chasing Liberty to pretty much any chick-flick.

My life is not a movie, though, or even a fairly decent tv show. I helped him and was on my way, and that is that. Even if he was my "one", I'm pretty sure that he's not the only "one" and I won't be set to suffer through life looking for him. Cuz man, wouldn't that be awful.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com