Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Semester Done

Phew. That sound you heard yesterday around 6:30 pm was me breathing a sigh of relief that the semester was finally over. I finished all my homework, took my finals, and completed my projects. It was a good semester and I learned a lot. I got super awesome grades...as long as we don't count my online class (apparently my guesstimation at getting a C+ was a little bit of wishful thinking) and really think that I worked hard.

Along with learning about the weather, geography, making maps, and the environment, I learned that I sometimes really underestimate what I'm capable of. I don't mean for this to be a huge pat on the back for me, but I really did quite awesome. For working full time and going to school with five classes, I managed to get all As (again, don't look at the blemish that is the online class). I completely rocked both my powerpoint presentations, aced numerous tests, and generally felt proud of myself.

I know that SLCC isn't exactly the hardest school there is. But it was a good way to get me back in the school groove again. It's also a great way to make me feel confident in myself and my abilities to be able to tackle grad school. Because honestly, I'm terrified of it.

This post strangely morphed into something weird, but I've been trying to write it for an hour now and clearly the writing mojo is not with me tonight. So goodnight.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats!!! Sounds like you did awesome!

Jenny Axford Cook said...

So glad you're all finished. It's like life starts over when a semester ends. Go do something fun!!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com