Sunday, February 28, 2010

Some Olympic Favorites

The Olympics will end today, and with that I thank the amazing athletes for putting on a great show. Some of my favorites of the games:
--Hannah Kearney with her cute pigtails taking gold in Freestyle Moguls


--Shaun White being Shaun White and being completely dominating and enthralling in the Snowboward halfpipe. Did you see his air?! Amazing!!


--Evan Lysacek taking down the disgruntled and ungrateful Yevgeny Plushenko with a flawless performance to take USA's first gold since 1988 in Men's Figure Skating


And lest you think the only people I liked were Americans, let me share my small Canadian love that surprised even me, especially when I was cheering for the Canucks to win Short Track against the so-over-him Apolo Ohno. I couldn't have been happier for Alexandre Bilodeau winning a Gold not only for his brother with cerebral palsy but for Canada, who hasn't won gold on Canadian soil until his amazing run down Cypress Mountain.


And the Hamelin brothers in Short Track. Short Track is exciting and crazy, with falls and disqualifications at every turn. For some reason I was always cheering for the Canadians, I think because they all have beards, great hair, seemingly fun personalities, and I was just sick of Apolo Ohno and all his prima donna-ness. My love for them was solidified when, after winning Gold in the 500 meter, Charles Hamelin jumped up on the barriers to give his also-medal-winning girlfriend a great big kiss.



kjsfkd

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com