Monday, April 27, 2009

Looking For

Just got back from my first run in New York since getting back. As I've said before, I don't really enjoy running. Maybe it's just because I'm not at the level I'd like to be and so I feel frustrated with it. But this morning I was looking for that feeling I got before and after my 5k race--excitement, anticipation, drive, purpose; I sadly feel like those are currently missing right now in my life. I liked the rush of getting ready for something, doing it, and then knowing that my family was waiting for me at the end.

I unfortunately didn't capture what I was looking for. It was hot and, since wearing my pedometer, sadly learned that it takes 6 laps and not the 4 I had always thought to make a mile. But, after checking when I got home, it is just 4 laps for a mile; maybe the track I run on is smaller than normal, maybe my pedometer is wrong. Who knows.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com