Thursday, April 9, 2009

Basketball at the Movies

If you can't make it to Dallas for the Jazz/Mavs matchup, what's the next best thing? That would be the movie theater at Jordan Commons, of course. My fabulous cousin Phaedra, who is just as big a Jazz fan as my sister and me (probably more than me, with her obsession with KK!) reserved tickets for the three of us to participate in the first ever Jazz game broadcast at the theater! Let me just tell ya that there's nothing cooler than watching a game in a packed movie theater.

Unfortunately, though, the game was awful, with the Jazz losing by 29 points, thus making my "Number 1" finger a rather silly gesture.

It was a little hard to watch at times, but we stuck it out to the very end. The game may have been a bust, but we still had a good time, complete with popcorn, a raffle that I was thisclose to winning, Jazz dancers, David Locke liking the sound of his voice a bit too much, and Memo andKorver on the big screen.
And, perhaps my newest basketball player crush, Juan Barea. He was pretty awesome last night.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com