Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hair Cut

Yesterday I had my hair cut. I always go in thinking I'll just get a trim, but end up leaving with much shorter hair. My original plan was to do something about the two colors of my hair. You see, I used to color my hair, but when I moved to New York and couldn't afford the outrageous cost of a good and decent hair color, I started coloring it myself. Well, I just got tired of doing it and decided I was going to stop coloring. It was a good idea, until my hair started to grow. Or, as it never stopped growing, continued to grow. And then the roots were showing more and more. Now, when you decide to stop coloring your hair you have a few options: just let it grow out and deal with the color disparity; shave your head or cut it really short to just nip the problem in the bud; or try to redye your hair the natural color.

Well, I couldn't deal with the growing out anymore, as I still had a good six inched of colored hair left, which would take about a year to grow out. I definitely wasn't going to shave my head, but instead of redying it my natural color, which was my original plan, I chopped it. I didn't cut off all the color, as that would've been too short, but I did cut quite a lot off--to the point that it's mostly my natural color. I used to hate my natural color, but I've actually grown to like it.

3 comments:

pambelina said...

You look super-fantastic Jules!

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I really like the new 'do!

Karen said...

CUTE! I love it!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com