Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Shout-out to the Crew

Yep, a shout-out from fashion forward Michelle Obama herself. The person who could be our next First Lady shops at J Crew. Seeing as how I work at the Crew I found this to be kinda cool. And so did a lot of other people. We were inundated with tons of calls the day after her interview for people looking for the outfit (it helped that her plug came so effortlessly). I can look at her outfit and know exactly where to find every piece she's wearing in our store, except her shirt underneath the cardigan because we sold out of it last month, and the broach because that's not ours. It was an outfit that none of our personal shoppers said they would've put together themselves but they thought it looked great. And I must admit that although I think a lot of our clothes are not exactly ugly but also not exactly my style, they always look a lot better when I actually see them on people. And Michelle Obama looked pretty good.

By the end of the day all of us had just resorted to calling it the Michelle cardigan.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com