Monday, October 27, 2008

Birthday Wishes times 2!

My two favorite people in the world--my sister Emily and my best friend Lindsay--just happen to share the same birthday. And that day is today. So Happy Birthday to both of them!

Lindsay is my movie buddy, Oscar-watching' buddy (someday we'll be in the same city again for it!), the one who listens to what I yap on about and gives great advice, she always believes in me and is a great motivator. We totally understand each other, I know what her "popcorn purse" is, know every boy she's had a crush on (and she knows all mine, too), we could quote "Friends" all night long, we stood in line together for all three Star Wars prequels. I know that I could live with her and never get sick of her. I was Maid of Honor at her wedding and would give her a kidney (or a womb). She's my best friend, and even though we seem to always be far apart from each other for the past few years now, I know there'll be a time when we're close geographically again.


Having a good time at my Going Away Party and us looking totally hot as Maid of Honor and Bride.



And Emily, well, I've already told you how awesome I think she is. Last year for her Birthday I secretly purchased a plane ticket home, only telling our friend Paula about it so she could make a cake to take to work. I'll never forget the look on Em's face when I walked through the break room door at Wal-mart and surprised her and everyone else (I love surprises!). This year wasn't nearly as cool, as all she got was a phone call, a sweater from the Crew and two sugar cookies I made and decorated just for her.

This is Em in New York and in the Penske truck we drove cross-country to New York.


It really is true that absence makes the heart grow stronger. I miss you two and love ya lots!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com