Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mmmm, that bagel's good

I'm sitting here eating a bagel slathered with cream cheese (and some fruit on the side for good measure) and loving it.  And that reminded me of when I first fell in love with cream cheese and bagels.  It was during my ninth grade American History tour.  One of my friends offered me hers from the hotel's buffet breakfast.  She had loaded it with cream cheese and for some reason didn't want it anymore. I suspect it was probably because we had piled up our plates with tons of stuff from the buffet and there was a point when you had to stop eating. I gladly accepted, and it was the beginning a beautiful friendship.  Not just with my friend Kelli, but with that bagel and cream cheese.

So as I eat this onion bagel with cream cheese that I got from Tribeca Bagel down the street from the Tribeca Film Institute, I say thank you to my friend who introduced us ten years ago!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com