Friday, January 15, 2016

A Tank of Gas

I had to put gas in my car tonight to make the drive out to Prosper for my monthly Bunco group. This isn't really a momentous occassion worth noting (or blogging about), except that the last time I got gas it was 2015. December 3 to be exact. Six weeks on one tank of gas.

In the time between gas fill-ups, I made three tips out to Prosper (Bunco, New Year's Eve, and a baby shower). It's forty-four miles roundtrip from my house to the Clements'. Those were my longest trips. The rest were trips to the grocery store or the rec center or to UNT or to the movie theater.

Do you know why I was able to go six weeks on one tank of gas? I live close to where I work and walk there every day. I live close to food if I want to eat out and to the grocery store, so I can either walk or ride my bike to either. And if I do drive, it's about a mile. I was able to take the train to the airport when I went home for Christmas, saving myself seventy or so miles. I can walk to a nearby trail. I'm also a bit of a homebody, so that help, too. :)

My point is that I have transportation options. And I love it. And I want everyone to have options so the single-occupancy-vehicle isn't the only option.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com