Friday, August 9, 2013

Royals-Red Sox

My quest to be a Royals fan is coming true, as a ticket vendor stopped by the office the week after the rain-delayed, firework-closing game in July that I attended. He was offering a ticket package of free games and buy one get one free tickets, and I contemplated buying it for about three seconds before purchasing. Now I had all these opportunities to attend games!

However, I then have to pick games and find someone to go with. Sometimes it all works out though, and last night myself and three friends went to the game. We sadly were late and missed the singing of the national anthem and the first inning. But, there was no rain and it wasn't unbearably hot or humid. We had seats on the third baseline, which is a weird viewpoint to watch a game from. We also had some interesting people in front of us for entertainment (and a book to read if conversation lagged).

After a somewhat lackluster game, two homeruns were hit in the 8th inning, and the Royals won 5-1. They have also beat the Red Sox tonight. Hopefully they keep the streak alive through the rest of the series. And now I need to plan using the rest of my ticket package.


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com