Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Scarlet Pimpernel

Have you read the story about the dashing Sir Percy Blakeney and his lovely French wife Marguerite? Well if you haven't, you should stop reading this and find a bookstore, library, friend and start reading it. It is awesome. I've read it, my friend Cat has read it, and my friend Pam has read it. We all read it at different times, Pam first, then me, then Cat. I would report to Pam where I was at and how much I loved it. When Cat started reading it, she'd report to Pam and I on where she was at and how much she loved it.

So when we heard it was coming to Hale Center Theater in Orem, and right around the time of Cat's birthday, we knew we had to get tickets.

Last night we experienced it, Cat and I for the first time and Pam for like her fifth time. I don't quite know if Amazing is enough of a word to describe to it. Spectacular. Awesome. The cast was so energetic and really infused it with a sense of urgency and fun. The actor playing Percy, a.k.a. The Scarlet Pimpernel, played it well but was slightly short. Well, really short. Especially when compared to the giant who played Chauvelin (who had an awesome singing voice).


The show was sold out, and only plays through the rest of the week. Take the trip down to Orem if you have time. You will not be disappointed.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com