Friday, November 26, 2010

Another Turkey Day

This year was a very low-key Thanksgiving. My mom, sister and I headed to my Aunt's house in West Valley to share the day with them and their family. I didn't have to make anything, which at first I was a little sad about it, but then I got over it.

My Thanksgiving was full of all the requisite Thanksgiving-y things:

Mashed Potatoes, which Emily loves (I love yams way more than regular potatoes), hence why they covered her entire plate.

Family. My Uncle Vinn, my cousin's husband Dave, and my mom. Seriously, this is the only family-type picture taken, and I didn't even take it.

A movie. I started this tradition about four years ago. This year's movie was Tangled, and it was awesome. It's totally old-school Disney and reminded me a lot of The Little Mermaid. Oh, sorry Pam and Cat, but there was nothing else playing that I wanted to see, but I'll see it again with ya guys!

Crazies who went out at midnight to get the Black Friday deals. Not counting the four times I had to work retail on this day, I haven't done this in well over ten years, and it was kind of a shock. I truly think that Black Friday brings out the absolute worst in people. My mom and I stood in line for an hour and forty minutes, just to buy some clothes for my nieces and nephew, some tupperware, a small vacuum, and other non-essentials. Then we went over to JCPenny, which was a completely different experience from Walmart. The workers were nice and helpful, the line was super quick, and no one was crazy.

I went to bed at 5 this morning.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com