Saturday, November 20, 2010

Little Women

Tonight my friend Cat and I headed out to Magna to the Empress Theatre to check out their production of Little Women. Since Cat so kindly helped with their costumes (which were Amazing!) she got four comp tickets, and her, me and her parents sat in the front row. The production was really good and the acting and singing great. They are a small theatre, having recently reopened, and are very enthusiastic about theater, from the actors to the concession people to the ushers. It's only playing til the end of this week, on Friday and Saturday, and I would urge anyone in the Salt Lake Valley to make the trek out to downtown Magna to see it.

As I watched the play, I tried to think which sister I most identified with. My roommate Rosemary in New York came from a family of four sisters (and a brother) and she said her and her sisters definitely fit into the roles of the March sisters: bratty Amy, kind Beth, headstrong Jo, and sensible Meg. I think most girls want to identify with Jo, and I'd like to say that parts of her I do. But I'd like to me more kind like Beth and more sensible like Meg. And perhaps snag myself a German professor like Jo! :)

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com