Tuesday, March 23, 2010

San Francisco Day Four: A City After My Own Heart

For our last day in sunny San Francisco we didn't really do much. We used this day to buy our souvenirs and chocolate for mom, dad, and brother. We took our last rides on the cable cars. We walked around and just soaked up the last moments we had left.

San Francisco is lovely. And you know what I really love about it? Not only do they recycle, but they also compost!! In every restaurant or store or anywhere where things are thrown away, there are three receptacles--garbage, recyclables, and compost. Cool, huh.

Also why I love San Francisco--they're dedication to public transportation. They're so dedicated that they are the only city to still use cable cars. And not just cable cars, but street cars, too. Street cars replaced cable cars because they were less noisy and more efficient. They have old street cars from various cities around the world, with each one painted the original colors of the city they came from. It makes for a very colorful city.














One of my favorite moments from the trip was on our first night. As we were crossing the street to Ghirardelli Square, a man on the corner said to me as we passed,"Girl with the white shoes, give me some money to buy some booze." He had clever (or so he thought) rhymes for many of the passers, including, "Hey bro, gimme some dough." He would cackle to himself as he said them in his lyrical way.

I also loved the cable cars and when two would pass each other, we'd sometimes hold out our hands for high-fives or wave to the others. I loved the sunny weather. I loved out hotel and how convenient it was. I loved experiencing a new place.



















0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com