Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's That Time of Year

I just got back from a run/walk a little bit ago. It's of course that time of year, when the weather starts getting warmer and people get stir-crazy to be outside (notwithstanding the snow storm that descended on Salt Lake yesterday), when 5ks and marathons start gearing up. I have officially signed up for the Race for the Cure with my work, since breast cancer genetic testing is sort of our bread and butter, and when I get paid next week will also register for the Salt Lake City Marathon 5k event.

I might have bit off more than I can chew, as the events are three weeks apart and today was my first attempt at running since probably last year's 5k. But with the coming of race season also comes the realization that my winter fat is, well, fat, and hopefully these two races can help with that. Also, I like getting the t-shirts.

1 comments:

Whitney said...

Good Luck Girl! I want to runa 5k dsome day.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com