Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Updates

I took a small break from blogging. There for awhile it seemed like I was posting every day, and yet I didn't think I was writing about anything all that cool and really felt like my writing was less than spectacular. But this is the only writing I do now out of college, and since I don't want what limited skills I do have to go out the window, I figure I should keep on plugging away at it. Hopefully I'll feel the creative juices flowing again and the words and sentences will sound better.

So while I'm waiting for the mojo to return, here's a slight update on what's been goin' on the past couple days.
--made potato salad and hamburgers on Saturday before heading out to catch some fireworks for Taylorsville Dayzz. Despite seeing fireworks a gazillion times, I never tire of them or stop being awed by them, regardless if it's a big production in New York or a little production in Moroni, Utah. Fireworks are awesome, period.
--officially had my records transferred to my new singles ward here in Salt Lake. Not too much to say about this except I miss my small, lovely ward in New York and the wonderful people there.
--still haven't found a job, but broke down, swallowed my pride, and applied at Convergys just so I can have some sort of money coming in while I look for something else
--celebrated with my cousin and sister that Kyle Korver didn't opt out of his contract with the Jazz.
--went swimming for most of the day and got an awesome tan in the process!
--watched the Bachelorette and was quite shocked when a rose was given to the conniving, lying, country singer there to just sell some records and not to the funny, entirely charming and adorable Michael (who is a break-dance instructor in Queens). This girl is making some bad choices.
--my toe has finally healed. No more bruising; it's finally back to looking normal.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com