Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rejection Mail

Remember the days when getting mail was exciting? I remember when I was at Snow College we would wait every day for the mail hoping for a letter from a family member or something equally exciting. I guess now with the internet and e-mail, all our letters are sent electronically and the only things that come in the mail now are bills and credit card offers. Well, you can now get rejection in the mail. I had applied for two jobs awhile ago, and having not ever heard anything from many of the jobs I had applied for, and sometimes getting an automatic e-mail response saying the job had been filled and not with me, I was just assuming that I hadn't got them. But then I got two letters in one day saying that I had not gotten the jobs. It was quite disheartening. If I hadn't received a letter earlier in the week with really good news I might have seriously considered never looking at the mail again. Regardless, I'll still get those pesky credit card offers, and my Entertainment Weekly, which is reason enough for me to get the mail at least on Fridays.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com