Friday, July 17, 2009

Distraction

This morning I got up to go for a jog/run, and an hour (or so) after I had initially planned to go I was out the door with my running shoes on. I rounded the corner and when the track at Taylorsville High came into view I saw a bunch of guys, presumably getting ready for football season, on the track. No way was I going to run with a bunch of highschool boys!

I sat on my porch to weigh my options--run in the neighborhood, or make my way down to the path along the river--when I got distracted by a potato bug. It was stuck on its back so I kindly rolled it over to its legs side. I was then fascinated by this little bug and continued watching it. Once more it got wrong-side up and I turned it right-side down. By this point my motivation for running was pretty much gone.

So not only am I an extreme procrastinator when it comes to exercising (always saying I'll eat better and start my routine the next day, or week...) but I'm also like a six-year old and very easily distracted. My body and disposition are working against me! In the words of Stephanie Tanner, "How Rude!".

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com