Sunday, July 12, 2009

Inspiration




These are some of my favorite billboards. They're from the Foundation for a Better Life. So much of advertising is telling us what we need to be better, thinner, prettier, happier. Which is why these ads are so refreshing. Yes, sometimes they're just simple platitudes, but they're based on real people (minus Kermit) who did extraordinary things and succeeded. It's advertising that makes you feel better, like you can do anything.

This one I always found interesting, but never knew the story behind it:


Here's their story in images:




I learned about their story for the first time on Sunday when I saw a video about them. I couldn't control my emotions as I watched father and son cross the finish line together. It truly is an amazing inspiration.

When ordinary people do extraordinary things it makes me feel like I Can, too.


1 comments:

pambelina said...

I like it when you critique films. You should do it more often, we have the same taste and I never know what movies to go see.

Also, I miss you.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com