Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Today my sister and I made the trek up to Brigham City to celebrate Father's Day with my dad. It just so happens that his birthday is tomorrow, June 22, so it was two celebrations in one. My dad isn't one for a lot of hype and hoopla on his birthday or holidays. Factor in the fact that he is the hardest person to buy a gift for, and you'll see why it's usually a pretty low-key affair. If it were up to me, I'd celebrate everyone's birthday for at least a week, but, well, some people just couldn't care less.

My brother was also there with his three kids, Ivy, Elliett, and Moses. Pretty cute little kids if you ask me. Here they are with Grandpa.

After dinner we went for a ride behind the mountains and checked out the poppies, the lake, some ponies, and fed the cows.


As previously mentioned, my dad is notoriously hard to buy for. After a lot of asking what he wanted/needed for Father's Day/his Birthday, he finally said he could use some pants and a shirt. This is pretty much what we buy him every year. But I like to find things that mean more and are special. I of course bought him a shirt, but I also gave him a picture frame filled with pictures of him and us kids when we were young. There was one of our trip to Yellowstone and we're standing at the Continental Divide. There was one of me when I was just born and Dad on the couch with Em and Jared holding me. There was one of us playing a game of Risk. It was nice to go through the pictures and remember my childhood. It may not have been perfect, and at times was difficult, but despite that I truly had a very good childhood. And that's what the pictures were to represent--that even though there were bad times, there were good times, too. And the only thing worth remembering is the good times. Love you, Dad.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE poppies!!! Where was that? You are going to have to take me there!!!!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com