Thursday, September 11, 2008

Subway Stairs

Just when I start thinking that I should really do something in the form of exercise (I haven't been running for over a month!) I have a day like today.

I had to make two deliveries for the Tribeca Film Institute (TFI to those in the know) today, one on the Upper East Side and the other in Brooklyn. I always enjoy making my around the city and going to places I don't normally go. But to do so requires lots of subway riding, and therefore lots of stairs. First was the Canal Street stop for the 6 train, which was this labyrinthine maze that took me up and down two different sets of stairs. (Just a quick note to those who haven't been in the city: not all subway platforms are quit so complicated; I had just chosen the wrong entrance. It's usually just down the steps and you're there).

But then I had to walk four avenues to my first delivery, then back those same four avenues, down the subway steps, a transfer at Union Square--which required more steps, to Bedford Ave in Brooklyn, where I walked more steps out of the subway.

I don't want to go into too much detail about all the stairs I climbed today (I fear I've already done it) and bore my few readers, but let me just say that it was a lot of stairs. The city is my own personal gym. Rent is like my monthly membership fee. If that's the case, I should be getting a lot more bang for my buck.

2 comments:

pambelina said...

Excellent use of labyrinthine.

Just Julie said...

I totally felt cool using it, and thought about it all day long!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com