Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just Walkin' in the Rain (because I really shouldn't sing in public)

As I've slowly been building my New York wardrobe I came to appreciate the extreme usefulness and loveliness of my wellies (rain boots) and two bubble umbrellas today. It wasn't raining when I left for my eight in the morning Crew meeting that lasted three hours (at least I was sitting on a comfortable chair next to Stefanie and able to make snide comments), I knew it was going to rain later in the day and so wore my navy-with-dalmations wellies that I bought at the Crew for ten dollars and my blue-and-yellow-daisy bubble umbrella. When I left the meeting and it was raining it actually made me smile!

And since I was so well-outfitted for the rainy weather (besides a suitable rain slicker/jacket, because even though it's generally not cold when it rains in the city you still don't want to get all wet) and because Mark and I had just had a Lumberjack breakfast at the Hollywood Diner, I decided to forgo the subway stop across the street and walk for a little while. I walked up seventh avenue from 16th street up to 28th street. And with my wellies on I could purposely walk thru puddles instead of avoiding them. It really is a great sensation to splash thru a puddle.

I'm pretty sure I've documented my distaste for rain in the city, and I feel I've been a little unfair. All you need is the right footwear and head protection and it can be quite lovely.



My wellies that I used to kinda hate but now think are really fabulous.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com