Friday, January 12, 2018

Bike Czar No More

For the past three years I have been the bike czar for the City of Denton. It was a title bestowed upon me by the local newspaper when word of my hiring was sent out in a press release. The title, obviously, stuck and it has been a fun moniker to carry around with me.

My first month on the job, a local citizen set up a casual bike ride for me to meet the community. It was awesome! I met so many people, and while I felt a bit of pressure to do the best job I could I was also excited about all the amazing people in Denton. That is when my love for Denton began.

I have spent three years giving it my all as the bike czar - Bike Month activities, school presentations, City Council meetings, bike parking, bike rides, information tables at events. It's been great, but there have also been tough moments. It has been my honor and privilege to serve the people of Denton.

On Friday I will officially relinquish my title of Bike Czar to take on a new title at the City of Denton - Keep Denton Beautiful Program Manager. It is a very bittersweet moment, as I will miss the people I office next to, the people I have worked with, my boss, the people I have worked for to make a better Denton. But I am excited for this new opportunity.

Thanks everyone.


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com