Saturday, September 10, 2016

Presenting to Kids

As part of my job I go to the local elementary schools and do safety presentations on biking and walking. I'm not at all educated in being an educator. Last year, when I started doing the presentations at the request of my boss, I asked a lady in my bunco group what I should do. She was a fourth grade teacher so I knew she'd have good suggestions.

And she did. I've been using her suggestions ever since. I am deeply indebted to her.

This week was my first presentations of the new school year. I gave presentations to every grade over two days at one elementary school. It was slightly exhausting. But fun. Mainly because kids can be really cute. Kids don't really know the difference between asking a question and providing a story about their older brother/sister who has a bike. One kid told me all about his sister who is a cheerleader. Which lead us into a conversation about the Olympics and the awesomeness of Phelps, Bolt and Ledecky.

Kids also are not shy about physical touch. Numerous kids gave me hugs afterward. Which is incredibly sweet. My boss's boss's daughter was one of the students I presented to; she gave me two hugs the first day and then another one when she saw me as she was walking to her next class.

Kids are also not shy about picking their noses in public. At all.

1 comments:

Phaedra said...

High school students don't know the difference between answering a question and telling a story, either!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com