Monday, May 30, 2016

The Seattle Nieces and Nephew

I am lucky enough to be an aunt to six amazing people. I am unlucky enough, though, to live far away from them. This sucks. I miss out on a lot of things in their lives. I miss out on them growing up and seeing them change into the people they are currently.

I was lucky enough, however, to get to spend a little bit of time with the three that now live in Seattle before I started the adventure with my friends that had brought me to Seattle in the first place.

My being in Edmonds (the suburb of Seattle where they live) was kept a surprise between me and Joylynne. I love surprises. Ivy was the first to see me. She needed to be pick up from school, as her rehearsals for that day were rescheduled. She opened the back car door to get into the car and there I was, just hanging out in the back seat.

Mo was next. He came walking through the front door and there I was, just sitting in his living room. Then we all went to pick up Elliett from her walk home from school. I hid behind them all as she walked up then revealed myself.

I hugged them all and loved it. They showed me where they each went to school. They all showed me the art projects they had worked on, the papers they had written. Mo showed me his action figure collection and all the comic books he owns. Ivy did a reading of the play she was getting produced at her school. Elliett got to show off her softball skills when I attended her practice.

I didn't take enough photos, but here's one of us at the beach. They are getting so big!

 I love them. And I'm so glad I was able to have this little moment of time with them.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com