Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Fur Cut

Biscuit had her fur cut a week ago. Her fur was in that loose stage where it just got everywhere. It was ridiculous and annoying. Last year I had her shaved at the end of May. This year I'm going to try to get in two shavings over the summer.

Last time Biscuit was super good and didn't have to be sedated. This year, though, they got about half way done and she started getting angry. Biscuit is not an angry cat, but somtimes when placed in strange situations we all do things we wouldn't normally do. After being sent a photo of her half-shaved, I went ahead and told them to sedate her to finish the job. It costs extra if the cat has to be sedated, and she looked slightly strange only halfway done.

Poor Biscuit was not herself after being sedated. When I got her home that evening she was very "lost". She barely ate dinner. She would walk around from room to room and just sit and stare into nothing. She wouldn't lay down. She couldn't jump up on my bed.

I didn't sleep well that night because I was concerned about her.

She slowly got out of it though and became her normal self later the next day. She's kind of adorable with her "lion cut" - it's like she has cat legging.



1 comments:

Andrew and Gina said...

Awwww. Look at her leggings! 😉 Cute

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com