Tuesday, November 3, 2015

How 'Bout Them Royals!

Sunday night the Royals made an epic comeback in the ninth inning, when they were down 0-2, to win the game and the World Series 7-2!!!!!!!!

I decided to be a Royals fan when I moved to Kansas in February 2013. I attended my first game on Memorial Day that year. It was a game against the St. Louis Cardinals, and there were way more Cards fans there than Royals fans. That season and the next, I attended many more games with friends. Some had fireworks, some were cold, some we won, and some we lost.

My last game this season was, once again, Memorial Day weekend against the St. Louis Cardinals. Except this time there were clearly more Royals fans than Cards fans!

Here is my own look back on the past two seasons:


I went with my friend Will Bishop to my second game, which I chose because the game had fireworks after. And then a group of friends and I went to a Royals-Red Sox game.


A late September game with my friend Will. 

A girls night at The K in May 2014.
 Later in May before a couple friends left Kansas after graduation. It was surprisingly cold.


Two games in August, one with friends for a church activity,
 
and then again to see my friend Kate sing the national anthem. #awesome


My sister came out in September 2014 and we went to a game with my friend Amber. 

And then the Royals had their amazing Wild Card game. And I watched from the airport and in hotels.

I knew I needed to be a part of the action, so I bought a ticket to game 3 of the ALDS against the Anaheim Angels. Billy Butler stole a base and the Royals swept the series

Then it was the World Series, watching games with friends at various places in Lawrence and Topeka. And even one in Kansas City.


Game 7 with my friend and co-worker Susan (our boss was also there).

It was a tough loss, but pretty awesome that we went all the way to Game 7 of the World Series! 

In Texas for the next season, making games harder to attend. I went to three of the games in their series against the Rangers. 




I made a trip to Kansas for Memorial Day and went to a game with friends. They played the Cards, just like my first game on Memorial Day two years ago. But this time there were clearly more Royals fans than Cardinals fans!





And then the Royals won the World Series. And it was awesome. 


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com