Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thankful For....

November is the "Month of Thanks." I, however, was not organized enough to use social media during the month to list off what I'm thankful for. Anyone who can see my FB or IG feed pretty much knows that I'm thankful for Biscuit, Denton and the Royals. But since the month is winding down, I will post a bit more of the things I am thankful for.
--co-workers who are friends who will watch over Biscuit when I'm out of town
--a car that works and can take me to all sorts of places, most recently Topeka, Kansas
--the ability to learn new things, even if it's difficult
--a bed that is mine, even if it is old
--friends who go out of their way to get chili from Porubsky's for me
--hamburger joints
--re-reading books
--numerous people who care about me and insist I let them know when I've arrived home safely
--memories and good times
--hot bread straight from the oven
--random acts of kindness that remind me people really are great
--Amazon Prime
--liquid gel pens
--the ability to stay connected through a multitude of ways
--popcorn
--maps
--lotion
--hot showers

I could go ahead and say that I'm thankful for my family and friends and health, but those feel like such givens. It reminds me of Miss Congeniality, when all the contestants say they want world peace. Of course we all want world peace!.

(I realize that not everyone is thankful for their family and friends and health, but I would dare say they are the Family Feud-top-three-answers during the Thanksgiving dinner-go-around-the-table-and-say-what-you're-thankful-for.)

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com