Saturday, October 4, 2014

Work Trips and Royals Games

Tuesday afternoon I left for a work trip to Grand Rapids. Tuesday was also the day the Royals played in their Wildcard game. It's their first time in the post-season since 1985. So it's kind of a big deal. At the KC airport there were a lot of people sporting Royals gear. I was not wearing my Royals shirt, so to make it known I was also a fan I said, generally very enthusiastically and loudly, to those wearing shirts/hats, "Go Royals!!"

I continued this at the Minneapolis airport. We missed our flight, and was able to watch the game in the hotel. The Royals won in 12 innings, extending their play in the post season.

Game 1 was Thursday night, and I was  now in Wichita with my City co-workers for the Kansas APA Conference. We sat in a sports bar with other planners and watched the game. It was the best. The Royals won Game 1 in extra innings.

Last night was  Game 2. Sadly I was not able to watch (it's Foxtober, however these games are on TBS, a channel I don't have). I looked into getting tickets for the upcoming home games, but they are very expensive. Maybe I'll look into tickets again after they win this series....

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com