Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Best Rom-Com

Last night my friend Rachel and I bonded over our love of the greatest rom-com of all time, "While You Were Sleeping." We literally made a date to eat calzones and watch the movie.

And it was fantastic. We quoted. We laughed. We pondered. 

Then I decided to explain why I love this movie. Why I claim it is the best rom-com of all time. First, it is funny. I laugh every single time that kid on his bike falls down while throwing a newspaper. I love the dinner scene with the family, because it is so real. I love Joe, Jr. I love the falling-on-the-ice scene.

I love that Jack and Lucy have fun together, that they make each other laugh. I love that they are both "normal" people, meaning they aren't all snazzy and "Hollywood." Lucy wears huge sweaters and unfitting jeans; Jack wears a jean jacket that is reversible. And I love it! Lucy isn't the cliche of "hard, brittle woman who just needs the love of a good man to make her soft." Jack isn't a man-child who can't grow up. They are adults with lives and dreams and work.

For a little while I had a problem that Jack and Lucy fell in love in a week. Then I decided "Who cares!" When you know, you know. Right? They support each other in their dreams and that's awesome.

As I get older, with a life similar to Lucy's (single, cat-owner, transit-lover [that might be a stretch; she works for transit]) I see just how awesome she is.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com