Sunday, August 9, 2015

It's HOT in Texas

I thought it was hot a month ago, but that was just a warm up.

The past week the temperature has been in the triple digits. So it's been legitimately HOT. So hot that going outside feels like the worst choice you could make all day. Like it would be preferable to sit in my office all day starving. Sidenote here: I live a block away from where I work, so I have no need to take a lunch with me because I just walk across the street and go home for lunch; so staying in my office would be starving.

We get emails at work regarding weather issues - tornadoes, ice storms, rain, and heat advisories. My boss loves to comment on these, something about "You're not in Kansas anymore!" or "Crazy what these Yanks can't handle" (regarding the metroplex shutting down when we get a bit of snow and/or ice). I actually appreciate the emails because then I know what's going on.

According to everyone, this is Texas is the summer. And it will be this way until at least September. As long as it doesn't get too humid too many days, I think I can handle it. I love that when people hear I'm not from Texas they want to tell me what to expect. I try to explain that I lived through two summers in Kansas, which are pretty comparable to Texas (at least northern Texas). I also explain that it gets hot in Utah, too. But apparently it's not the same.

And it's not. We have no humidity in the intermountain west and I love it. I think I'll have to live in Texas a lot more years before I can be okay with the humidity.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com