Thursday, May 21, 2015

I Feel Lucky

I don't know what I did to end up in Denton, but I feel like the luckiest person.

Today one of the bosses told me how proud he was of me and I was doing so much good, and it was exactly what they wanted when I was hired. I admit I blushed a little; I love positive reinforcement, but also squirm when I get it. I responded that I loved Denton and felt so lucky to be here, and I hoped I could do so much. This was after I gave a very simple presentation to the president of TWU. I returned to work and for more "Good jobs!" from my boss, the Mayor and other co-workers.

This all comes after last week, where there had been many compliments given, too. I really enjoyed my time in Topeka, but here it feels like I'm thriving. I have lots of positive feedback, my boss gives me direction and projects and goes to bat for me. I feel supported by not just my co-workers, but the community too. I had felt unfulfilled for awhile in Topeka and was a main reason for me seeking a new job opportunity.

Denton is just what I needed.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com