Wednesday, May 20, 2015

500 Miles

Last week my car got quite the workout, as I travelled to Arlington three times to see my Royals in their series against the Texas Rangers. I walk or ride my bike to work, and to lots of other places, too. It's one of the reasons why I chose to live where I do. I bet it's taken me three months to put 500 miles on my car.

But the Royals were worth it. I splurged for the first game and bought a seat right behind their dugout. And it was awesome. The Royals won that one with a homer in the tenth by Gordon. The next game I chose a seat in the outfield, which I've never done before. After some very annoying fans left, I enjoyed the game even if the Royals lost. Thursday's game was an afternoon game, and I felt a bit like Ferris Bueller. Except my boss knew I was there and told me to have fun. It was brutally hot and cold water was in short supply (they actually ran out at one point).  But the Royals won, and split the series.

I have pictures, but my laptop has died and I am typing this on my phone.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com