Sunday, October 6, 2013

Ren Fest and The Goonies

Saturday, with near-perfect weather, Amber, her friend Jenn, and I made the small drive to Bonner Springs to check out the Renaissance Festival. Amber goes almost every year and really wanted to share the experience with me.


It was a pretty fun time. There are people dressed up in all sorts of renaissance garb, and a surprising amount of "Dr. Who" costumes, just walking around eating turkey legs. We checked out the shops, the jewelery, the Jolly Rogers, the jousters, the food and the people. Amber bought a pretty sweet outfit, I bought a pair of earrings, and Jenn bought some perfume she's been looking for for awhile. We all left satisfied (well, almost....there's a story with a ring that I found but was too small) and tired.

Then Amber and I headed to the State Capitol to watch The Goonies on the south lawn. It was a little chilly (the temperature had dropped nearly 30 degrees from the day before) but perfect. Movies outside in a park are one of my favorite things of summer, and I was bummed that there didn't seem to be any of them in Topeka.

The Goonies never gets old. 

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com