Sunday, October 13, 2013

Glow Run 5k

The Glow Run 5k in Lawrence was kind of amazing. First of all, similar to sporting events, everything is better at night. Add on to that glow sticks and amazing people to run with, and you have all the makings of a perfect time.

 We re-used our tutus from the Color Vibe and snazzed them up with colored tights.

I'm so proud of Amber and how far she's come! It was April when I suggested to her doing a 5k, telling her all she needed to do was get an app on her phone and start slowly. Amber has amazing motivation and dedication, and after our first 5k she just kept going. She's been eating better and exercising, and since April she has lost over 50 pounds!

I ran the whole race, setting my best time yet for a 5k (the course was actually only 2.75 miles)! Amber's friend Bridget and I just kept running, knowing that if we stopped we wouldn't get going again. With it being race day and the adrenaline and the atmosphere, I felt great! Thanks to Amber for keeping me motivated!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com