Saturday, June 1, 2013

Gumption

I am new at my job. Besides working at Bountiful (which is much smaller and therefore much different than Topeka), this is my first experience working for a city and all that it entails. Needless to say I have a lot of questions when I'm at work--mostly regarding who to contact, when to ask for things, how the process works.

My bosses were teasing me about this on Friday night as a bunch of us from the office were out at the Blind Tiger. I'm okay with this, because one, when your co-workers tease you you know they like you, and two, I have to ask questions to learn. My boss said, regarding all the questions I've been asking, that I had real gumption and he liked it because it meant he didn't always have to be checking in and making sure I was working.

Being told I have gumption is probably the best compliment I've ever been given. I always think of Kate Winslet in "The Holiday" when anyone uses the word gumption.


1 comments:

pambelina said...

Hooray for Julie!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com