Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Free Time, For Now (Good News Post)

My cousin Phaedra informed me that I have a lot to blog about. And I do. But I've been distracted. By a few things, and they're all interconnected to each other. First of all, my nights have been spent wrapping presents. And watching Chuck. Just like the last time I took a break from blogging, I've been sucked in by a tv show. Basically, I'm easily distracted by beards.

I'm not proud to say this, but I spent a good portion of my day Sunday watching Season 3 of Chuck. I just had to know what happened. And because my free time is a commodity I want to take advantage of right now before things get busy, I don't feel bad about it.

You see, I was officially accepted into the Masters of City and Metropolitan Planning program at the University of Utah. Exclamation point! Or two or three. It was super exciting news, dampened a little by the fact that they are still classifying me as a non-resident even though I've been living in Utah for over a year and a half. But instead of dwelling on that, I'm getting the proper paperwork submitted and am looking forward to the (slightly) terrifying and (completely) exhilarating prospect of starting school January 10th.

So I'm going to be busy pretty soon. And am trying to soak up all the free time I have, time that isn't burdened by the stress of school work and projects, but instead by 12-hour marathon viewings of Chuck.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com