Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Weakness for Books

Tonight, against my better judgment because I know myself, I went into Barnes and Noble to get a book for my nephew for his birthday (I am that aunt that always gives a book for a present to encourage their love of reading at a young age). I say it was against my better judgment because I know that whenever I go into a bookstore with the intent to just buy a book for someone else, I inevitably end up buying one for myself. I just can't control myself. There's always a billion books that I want and a billion more that I think I should have read by now.

So after I perused the children's book and found one for Mo and his five-year-old self, I started looking around for myself. I happened upon a table of the ever-popular-and-even-more-so-now-because-of-the-movie, Eat, Pray, Love. I took it over to a comfy chair and started reading. I was hooked, and, even though in my poorer New York days had once read an entire book in multiple trips to Barnes and Noble, decided I had to have it for my own personal collection and promptly headed for the register. Forty pages in and I am sufficiently intrigued.

This happens very regularly. Most often with their "Classic" collections that are usually buy two get one free. That's the best way to stock up on classics. It's also a great way to get way behind on your personal to-read list. I currently have four books that I'm reading. Good thing I have a break before classes start again....

2 comments:

pambelina said...

Hooray for books!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

I bought that book at DI last year and couldn't get into it. I need to try again! I just finished "The Help" and LOVED it. It's one of my favorites now.
I hope you & your friend will be able to run the 5K Saturday for Sarah Hays. Rick & I will be on a plane thinking of all of you and wishing we could be there.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com