Friday, August 1, 2008

Mad Grillin' Skillz

Last night we had an Enrichment BBQ, Our Relief Society counselor lives in a nice row house in Harlem which has a front porch and yard-type area, making it the perfect place for a nice block party. Since I'm on the Compassionate Service Committee I thought it best to go and show my support and compassion for all the sisters in the ward. Plus, hamburgers and hot dogs! It sure felt nice to eat some real food; I've been trying to save my money for when my mom and sister are out so I haven't gone real grocery shopping in awhile. So the expectation of getting some real food in my stomach was a huge motivator. That and Stefanie's Cheez Doodles.

I had already had one hamburger but was really craving a hot dog so I meandered over to the grill to see what I could get. There were no hot dogs on the grill as yet so I placed two on and somehow ended up being in charge of the grill for the rest of the night. I placed more meat on the grill and kept turning those patties all night long. That's right, I worked at Wendy's all thru high school so I knew what I was doing. But since I was manning the grill I didn't exactly get to mingle much with the girls. But I did get to talk with the elders who were there. They wondered if they were allowed to come to Enrichment as missionaries. I'm pretty sure they just wanted to be fed. They even ate the patties that were pretty charred and black, and I had to hurry and cook two more for them because they had to be inside in ten minutes.

Someone brought Oreos and that made my night of standing over the grill worth it. That and talking with Soo.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com