Monday, August 4, 2008

Partyin' it up!

This past Friday was planned as being a really awesome night. First, Stef and I along with a co-worker and her friends had reservations at UCB for Step Brothers--an improv routine with some of the funniest performers from AsssCat. That was going to be followed by celebrating Jose (a co-worker at the Crew)'s birthday at a club in Hell's Kitchen. It was going to be a fun night of laughs and dancing, and I was looking forward to it all week. This of course all hinged on the Crew not taking my on-call of 8-10. The Crew has been pretty tight with hours the past month, not taking anyone's on-calls and scheduling for minuscule 12-hours a week (making it awfully hard to make rent this month). So we all felt pretty confident that my on-call would not be taken and I could attend the show with them at 9:30. They took my on-call.

And so started the disappointing night. It's my own fault, though, as I tend to get so excited for things and hype them up so much in my mind that it never lives up to the expectations and hype that I've created. I'm not sure why I was so excited to go to Jose's birthday celebration; I barely even like going to get-togethers with people in my ward because I simply just don't like the forced togetherness of everything. But I can at least check off "Go to New York City club" off my list. And yes I danced. Not totally crazy like some of my intoxicated co-workers, but I got my groove on. But I was pretty much done with it after ten minutes.




So here's a few pics from the night. The guy with the fan is Jose; Meaghan is the chick in the blue and white dress; the top right is one of my favorite managers Matthew; and the bottom left is Marky Mark. I don't know the guy in the pic with Meaghan and me, he works at one of the Crews. I don't really see the appeal; loud music you can't talk over, expensive drinks (my manager Meaghan had to buy me two 7-ups along with her drinks because there's a $30 minimum), and co-workers all of a sudden thinking it's okay to be touchy-feely and dance all over you. Granted, some people like this. I definitely do not. Thank goodness you can't smoke in clubs.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com