Saturday, July 26, 2008

Family and Feist

Today was the Fourth Annual (or is it Third, I can't seem to remember how long we've been doing it) Perkes Family reunion in Blackfoot, Idaho. But instead of being there with my aunts, uncles and cousins I was at the Crew. And even though New York is pretty cool, I still wish that I had been at a park in Blackfoot. But since I couldn't be there this year, I'll just post some pictures from last year.



I made it to my first outdoor, network television concert Friday morning. The Today show had Miley Cyrus, and had to close down a record two blocks to accommodate all the people that wanted to see her. Some even waited in line starting at 3:00 AM. But just a few blocks downtown at Bryant Park, Stefanie and I got in to see the much cooler Feist. I'm pretty sure many of you reading this don't know who she is, but I can assure you she's much hipper than Miley Cyrus. Plus, since she's fairly unknown (at least when compared to the everywhere-ness of Hannah Montanta) we only had to get there at 6:30. Well, I got there at about 6:15, as I can never quite judge how fast the train's gonna get me there. Stefanie had the same problem, except just the opposite. They started letting us in and Stefanie wasn't there yet. I was nervous she wouldn't be able to find me once we got in. Not a problem; she was able to walk right in and find me with no problems




Whenever you see one of those concerts on tv it always looks so exciting. That's because being a tv watcher you don't have to sit thru all the commercial breaks and endless host chatter; you can go to the other room, get something to eat, even change the channel. But we had to wait three hours before Feist even started to sing. At least it was nice weather.

This is Feist's most popular song, "1,2, 3,4" and it's quite catchy. For the rest of the day Stefanie and I were singing it... "ba da, da da da, da duh...."

She put on a pretty good show, even if she did sing just three songs. It felt rather small and intimate, something I'm sure none of the twenty thousand people felt at Rockefeller Center.

2 comments:

pambelina said...

So I was up with the baby watching Good Morning America (which I never do) and I was watching Feist play. I was sitting there thinking to myself, "I wonder if Julie ever goes to these concerts. That would be so cool if she was at Feist right now while I'm watching."

True story.

Just Julie said...

Wow! That is beyond cool.
I might even say Legen--wait for it--dary!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com